Tuesday, May 18, 2010

mightily & voluntarily

i grew involuntarily in the womb

& after seeing this world for 40 years

i have the urge to dissemble myself

to take a large sharp knife & strip off my skin

tossing it over the telephone wire out there in the street

then to pluck out all my organs

first drop kicking my heart over that suburban roof there

& secondly my spleen over those green trees

& so on & so forth

then to crack off each rib, tossing them to all the stray dogs

& finally to pull out my backbone & throw it like a javelin

at a passing police cruiser

& bowl my skull beneath the rose bushes for the slugs

to have for a home

yes, i've the urge to dissemble myself mightily & voluntarily

unlike most men who are just merely broomsticks in life

& then are thrown in a hole
This blog is updated irregularly and has nothing to do with the poet's output. The poet is actually disturbingly prolific. He writes about 5 poems per day. The pages are everywhere, even stacked in the bathtub.

Blog Archive