Like inmates with life sentences,
we have to be resourceful
in order to survive in
this prison of a world.
Like captives sharpen
blades out of the handles
of toothbrushes to fight off
the deadly bullies,
like how behind bars, they make liquor
out of apple peels for some relief,
we lifers must whittle poems out
of our bones
for us all to shank Mr. Agony with,
and we lifers must extract our blood
and mix it with the alphabet
for us all to funnel
and drown our solitary confinement
and our sorrows.
This blog is updated irregularly and has nothing to do with the poet's output. The poet is actually disturbingly prolific. He writes about 5 poems per day. The pages are everywhere, even stacked in the bathtub.
- ► 2012 (125)
- ► 2011 (113)
- ► 2010 (106)
- Cuffed To Your Own Muscle
- 7 characters in non-pursuit of an entrance
- To Hell With All Of The So-Called Cities Of Love
- As If It Wasn't Crowded Enough
- Unshaven In Thinned Out Black T-shirt and Greasy J...
- year after year
- Bone Poems and Blood Moonshine
- 'A BELLYFUL OF ANARCHY' BY ROB PLATH IS AVAILABLE ...
- ▼ July (8)