To hell with all of the so-called cities of love...
Give me a tiny room inhabited by two bodies, seated femur to femur, ribcage to ribcage,
on an old thrift store couch, two bodies smoking cigarettes, sipping beer from bottles,
their bare heel-meat pressing down against a burned, ripped strip of carpet, and finding
in this small, smoky space what the rest of the world wouldn't ever find in their next thousand lives:
that the natural magnetism of the marrow always defeats the weak draw of the shallow chambers
of the heart...
Give me this instead and I'll happily go into the Void without so much as a sigh.
This blog is updated irregularly and has nothing to do with the poet's output. The poet is actually disturbingly prolific. He writes about 5 poems per day. The pages are everywhere, even stacked in the bathtub.
- ► 2012 (125)
- ► 2011 (113)
- ► 2010 (106)
- Cuffed To Your Own Muscle
- 7 characters in non-pursuit of an entrance
- To Hell With All Of The So-Called Cities Of Love
- As If It Wasn't Crowded Enough
- Unshaven In Thinned Out Black T-shirt and Greasy J...
- year after year
- Bone Poems and Blood Moonshine
- 'A BELLYFUL OF ANARCHY' BY ROB PLATH IS AVAILABLE ...
- ▼ July (8)